Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ADHD

After waiting almost 6 months for an appointment for Wyatt to be seen by a Pediatric Neurologist, he had his appointment yesterday. Wyatt was diagnosed with ADHD as well as his genetic makeup causing him to have the impulses etc. associated with ADHD children.

His Neurologist has him on medication, Tenex, the generic form is Guanfacine (gwahn-fa-seen). We will continue his counseling at the Burrell Center, his in-home counseling, visits with the Neurologist and his Early Childhood Development school program that I can only hope will not only gain my sanity back, but continue to help Wyatt's behavior. (This has been a struggle for him for what I would say to be 2 years now) For anyone who has a hyperactive child, I'm sure you know what I am talking about.

1 comment:

amy said...

i sure hope things get better for you guys and that wyatt does well on the meds - sometimes that can really help (and don't let people judge you).