Thursday, April 10, 2008

What happens IF.......

As most of you know my mind works in mysterious ways....I was thinking today how a friend of mine told me a story of how when his son was a toddler he had gotten the jar of vasoline in his crib and proceeded to cover himself and the crib in vasoline. He had covered his entire body, the crib mattress, blankets, toys including the frame and crib bars. I laughed hysterically at the story and wondered why him and his wife hadn't put the jar of vasoline in a place his son could not reach it. I have kept my jar of vasoline under one of my end tables in the living room along with the diapers, wipes and Wyatt's breathing machine and not once had he touched it.

Not a few weeks after he told that story, I was putting some laundry away in my closet and came out to find my son (when he was almost 3 years old) on the sofa with an open jar of vasoline. He had coverd the back of one section of my sofa, one of the cushions, most of his legs and torsoe as well as his head. I think back wishing I would have grabbed my camera, but instead, I snatched him up, got him in the tub and I tell you, it takes a while to get vasoline washed off a 2 1/2 year old! I then had to uncover my sofa cushion and throw it in the washer and managed to clean the back section with a bucket of hot water and old rag. I threw away what was left of the vasoline and he never needed it again, I guess he rubbed it in him good enough to last a lifetime?

So here are some pictures that my cousin took that reminds me what happens when.....



you take a picture too close to figure out what they carved.








he's rode the pony 4 times and thinks he can get off all by himself
the sun is in your eyes and someone wants to take your picture.




you have waited too long (years) to have your dog nuetered




and when his buddies try to help him escape.





your husband loves you (or he is in trouble?)







what bank employees do on Halloween.








what happens when your son wipes his face with poison ivy











what happens when your daughter does her own makeup.
Hope ya'll enjoyed a good laugh. I'm sure to find more things to laugh about later.

1 comment:

amy said...

What a funny story about the vaseline! You never think those things will happen to you when you hear the stories...