Friday, November 9, 2007

The more you know.....

Yesterday I attended a seminar "Managing Emotions Under Pressure", I absolutely loved this seminar. IT not only will help me at work, but in my personal life too! Life is all about learning, learning and more learning, right? The instructor for this keep everyone excited about what he was going to say next.

What I want to share is that I learned that people are summed up in 4 personality traits
1) Directors - 'Get it done', the instructor advised us to write 'Get R Dun', but since I am not in this category, I wrote it out correctly (you'll understand in a moment under #2). Directors are goal driven and extremely competent-they know how to DELEGATE.
2) Thinkers - Get it right! Very organized, starts a job and does not stop till it's done, makes list after list and list of the list to check off and double check (you get the idea here) very dependable and will analyze everything. They are TENACIOUS.
3) Sociallizers - Get Appreciated! Can inspire people to work together, be creative & flexable BUT can also be the ones that know how to push everyones buttons, have piles verses files, no follow through, these people are TEAM BUILDERS. and
4) Real-tors - Get Along! Very mothering/fathering, have the know-how to zone in on people's feelings and want to keep it casual, don't like any conflicting situations and have a hard time saying no. They are LOYAL and PATIENT.

As the instructor, Wade Moss was explaining all of these, the person (man, Dave) I sat next to couldn't have been a nicer guy, he was still married to his high school sweetheart, has great kids and grandkids and started to laugh during this time. Back up...As soon as we got back from lunch, the hotel staff had cleaned off our tables, but left the crumbs. When I sat down I brushed off my mess, making my space all nice and neat again. Ok, Wade was explaining the 'Thinkers', Dave was laughing saying he knew I was in this category, Wade said these 'Thinkers' would have wrote Get it done on #1-Directors verses what he told us to write "Get R done". IT was so true. I had to write it right. ok, it may have been more funny as it was happening.

Wade also had us write down this "The way we see the problem is the problem" WOW, how true is that? We are so programed to react in a way we have trained our minds to be, it just comes natural no matter if it is the right way, wrong way or whatever way, it's the way be respond (based on our past experiences).

Ok, so I am now labeling myself as this 'Thinker' and just now updating my blog. I've wanted to update before now, but I hadn't spent the time to compeltely think through what I wanted to say, I have made notes and have thoughts, but keep saying I'll get to that list later....ha! I have no excuse since I know I could have made time. So you can see my updated pictures on the right and I'll post another blog later (next week) about some of the specifics going on in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you got a lot out of the seminar! That is great.

I do agree with the updating your blog more! I want to see more pics and stories of Wyatt!

amy said...

That is so great you enjoyed the seminar. Now to apply it to everyday life will take work but I have faith in you!