Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Little Boys and Mommies

It is true what is said about little boys, they love their mommies very much. Every morning before I give Wyatt his breakfast, even before his prayer, he tells me he wants kissess and hugs. It is so cute.
Over this past month, his daycare moved him into a different class that took him away from the 'gang' of aggressive kids (him being one of them). I am amazed on how well he has done, his aggressions have almost disappeared! I ran into 2 of the mothers over the past couple weeks at Wal-Mart and McDonalds and both of them said they have seen the same improvements in their sons. It was a huge relief for me to hear that and we are all very grateful the daycare recognized something needed to be done with our sons to improve their social skills, which of course leads into so many other aspects of their lives.
I have noticed, which seems like overnight how much Wyatt is really talking. On the way home last night, he kept saying things that started with "Maybe we can" or "Maybe they are" and "Maybe it will" He says, "We can do it tonight or we already did it tonight" which can mean anything from what he did yesterday or earlier in the day. He tries so hard to talk like a grown up!
He's always saying how strong he is and wanted to be Woody from Toy Story 2 for Halloween, but after we got to the store, he decided to be Buzz LightYear. I'm sure mom's and dad's understand exactly what's going on when I am carrying my son around and he has his arms spread in front of him, laying across my arms, flying to INFINITY AND BEYOND!

He's got a way to melt my heart with his simple words. I love being a mommy in my 40's!

No comments: