Monday, September 10, 2007

Burger King Adventures

Wyatt and I hung out around the house for most of the weekend. It was raining out for the most part so I took him to Burger King, he loves going to 'Burrrgar King' or the 'Tree House' (which is McDonald's playland). Anyway, it's always an adventure since this one hour maximum trip will result in him getting hurt (from being a daredevil jumping from the table to the columns) then the whining starts, the spitting, having a tantrum, hitting other children, telling me NO NO NO,
giving me a cheesy smile like this

being chased thru the joint and out to the parking lot and the screaming fit to get his shoes back on when it's time to leave. I have to ignore the looks people give me that are obviously thinking my son is possessed. I thought I was being a good mommy by taking him to play??? I'm not sure why I continue to take him? Once we got home, he was put in a timeout. After 5 minutes it was like he was my precious little boy again, hugging and asking me for more kisses....the remaining weekend went without injury or drama. I wonder why he is more well behaved at home than he is in public?

2 comments:

Alysia Maya said...

When you find the ansewer to that please let us all know! I deel your Mommy pain!

amy said...

I think being a parent you have to be a glutton for punshment - you try to take them to do fun things and they invariable get out of hand. It's just a part of thier growing, and I guess it must be like labor: it hurts so much when you are going through it, but then you do it again having forgot how painful it was... Ah, but then you have the sweet moments too.