Friday, May 9, 2008

New Bike

I bet you'll never guess what Wyatt got last night? Ok, the title and pictures might give you a clue :O) I let him pick out his new bike and helmet.
When we were at the store, I was looking at the bikes and he kept saying, I need a helmet first mama approximately 300 times (well maybe not that many, but enough to be a little annoying). What a shocker, he picked out LIGHTENING MCQUEEN, I only wish they would have had a larger variety of his size bikes, it was either this one, Spiderman (which I talked him out of, it was $30+ more!) and Tonka, which just did not go with his red helmet (ok, to him he would not care it didn't match, but his mama needed it to match somewhat).

I hadn't planned on getting anything but his new bike when we went to the store, but we were there, and of course I needed a few things....so Wyatt wore his helmet (yes still in the hard plastic wrapper, but able to keep it on his head) and road his bike throughout the store (Wal-Mart). Well let me explain, he didn't really ride it, more as to he straddled it and walked along with it, waddling along. He always wanted to be first and was so polite, if someone was coming down the aisle, he would say "EXCUSE ME" with a grin from ear to ear. He loves attention and certainly got it since I ended up going down several aisles. Finally when we got to the checkout, he gave his quarter donation to the collection tube then got back on his bike and started going out, Without ME! He was on his way home...it was really funny. A very nice lady that saw him earlier (a couple times in the aisles) stopped him and told him his mommy wanted him to go back, he listened to her without any commotion. He waddled his way back to me, got checked out, to the car and finally said he was tired (after this 'ride' of 45 mintues). He is a happy little 3 year old.
OH and this is what we did last weekend

So as you can tell, Miss Molly (our dog) found a mouse under some blocks I moved in the backyard (that I had her dog house on). Anyway, I was able to pick up the mouse after Miss Molly had mauled on it a few times (poor thing was half dead). I told Wyatt I was gonna go flush it, he begged me not to. So as any mommy would do, we take it out to the driveway, little burger started hopping around like he was just playing possum before. Wyatt jumped, I jumped but Wyatt's feet landed on the mouse a few times, I swished it out to the street and told Wyatt we needed to get back in side because his family would come by soon to make sure he got home (the mouse was dead with his (don't ask why I know it was a male) little feet up in the air).

We go back in the house, all I hear about is the 'mouse' and Wyatt hoping his family comes soon, he checked several times out the window "Mom, Mom, Mom, the mouse is still there, Look, Look, Come see" So I got him sidetracked as much as possible, time for a bath...but first he had to go see if the mouse was still there, yep, his family hadn't gotten him yet. I get Wyatt in the tub, run out to the street with a newspaper in hand, snatch up the mouse and throw him in our dumpster.

Wyatt gets out of the tub, what's the first thing he does, checks on the mouse. He shouts "hooray mamma, the mouse went home" Happy little 3 year old.

No comments: